Friday, January 13, 2012

Together

One of the songs I love by the 10 Tenors is “Together”. The chorus of this songs says:

“We'll grow together, if we rise up together. We'll be stronger together, for much longer together, and we'll make it together we'll go on forever.”

This is a beautiful message that I think in our competitive nature we tend to forget. We all need each other. To quote High School Musical “We're all in this together”.

Why is this?

I'm a very independent person – I like to do things on my own, it's sometimes easier that way. However, I have learned in my work that bouncing ideas of my coworkers always leads to new and better ideas. We need each other to broaden our horizons.

I am also a loner, on most occasions. I am perfectly happy by myself, for a while. But I know that if I become a hermit for to long I will very easily spiral into depression. Heavenly Father made us social creatures for a reason. So we can build and uplift each other. So we can draw each other closer to Him. So the human race can live on. (Can you imagine if we all were hermits? Humankind would have died out with Adam and Eve.)

Another song by the 10 Tenors states: “We stand together, yet we stand alone” Ultimately how our lives play out is up to us. I have control of me - just me- I make my own decisions. But I need others to help me make the best decisions and to use their strengths to cover my weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment