Saturday, January 7, 2012

Perspective

Have you ever looked up into the night sky and wondered at the beauty of a starry night. The view from earth is incredible. The stars arranged just so sometimes light years apart but appear to be mere feet and form the most intriguing shapes. I've often stared up at the big dipper or Orian with his belt and marveled at the design of the universe.


I often wonder if I lived on another planet and looked up at those same stars would I see the big dipper or mighty Orian. Or would I see other shapes, other constellations that our angle from Earth hides from us.

If I traveled among the stars would I recognize the north star -the guiding star - when I came upon it. I doubt it.

As we change the perspective from which we see we often find ourselves in unfamiliar territory - staring up at the same stars and not recognizing them for what they once were to us. Even those who study the stars most ardently would be lost if they were placed among them far from home.

In life there are many perspectives to look from: the hopeful perspective of the eternal optimist; the gloomy perspective of the hardened pessimist. The whimsical perspective of a child; the adventure filled perspective of youth; the dutiful perspective of adulthood; the solemn perspective of old age. I could go on the list is as varied as the stars I'm so fond of.

What perspective do you see the world through? And are you brave enough to view the world from different angle.

I'm not sure I am - but I sure am going to try.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, something to think about. I love that your posts are sweet and to the point. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete